CSSI Marks 20th Year Anniversary
March 12, 2010
Washington, DC – As CSSI, Inc. celebrates 20years of excellence throughout 2010, we look forward to breaking new ground in engineering, information technology, safety and applied research in the years to come.
Since it was founded in 1990, CSSI has become a leading provider of services to the aerospace, defense and transportation sectors. Founded by the late Frank G. Castillo, a former Marine who served in Vietnam and then worked for almost 20 years in reconnaissance and intelligence, CSSI was awarded Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) status in 1993. The company graduated from the 8(a) program in 2001, and from most classifications of SBA status in late 2009.
Cynthia Castillo, Frank Castillo’s daughter, has led the company as CEO since 1993. “We’ve worked hard for our customers for the past 20 years and have broken ground in many areas of expertise,” she said. “We’re passionate about our work and look forward to many more years of service.”
Highlights of CSSI’s accomplishments include:
- Our first FAA 8(a) set-aside contract award in 1993 supporting the FAA Oceanic Program Office, since then we have played a key role in all FAA Oceanic programs;
- Providing technical support services to the Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center’s Aviation Command and Control Division (SPAWAR) in Charleston, SC for more than 14 years (winning our first full and open procurement in 2005);
- Providing applied research and development services to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate for the past 12 years;
- Providing reduced vertical separation minimum (RVSM) services to organizations and government bodies around the world over the past 10 years, maintaining a 60% market share during that period;
- Supporting the development of the FAA’s Emissions Dispersion Modeling System (EDMS) for over 10 years;
- Supporting the development of the FAA’s NAS Architecture and NextGen Enterprise Architecture for the past 10 years;
- Emerging as a leading provider of safety services, recently winning a contract to provide the ATO with safety services worth an estimated $20.5 million;
- Winning the ATCA Small and Disadvantaged Business Award for an unprecedented three years in a row;
- Our growth from 3 to over 280 employees (our most important asset) supporting our customers for the past 20 years!
Keep checking the CSSI Web site for more information about our 20th anniversary celebrations.←Go Back