Portfolio Systems Acquisition Management
CSSI recognizes that there is great pressure today on the Department of Defense and the entire federal government to conduct its acquisitions business more like the private sector by using more effective planning, staffing, organizing, controlling and leading. In addition to following sound business management practices, we know that agency managers must:
- Ensure that public funds are being used prudently
- Accomplish a mission rather than make a profit
- Promote social welfare considerations (e.g., small and disadvantaged businesses)
- Ensure that all government regulations (e.g., environmental) are followed
With Technology Project Portfolio Management (TPPM), sponsors and program managers make a decision to develop or acquire products and systems to meet strategic objectives. Our depth of technical systems allows helping clients translate business or mission needs into project requirements developers will use to deliver the desired outcomes and benefits. Our team gathers and analyzes data, selects the preferred approach, and helps the contract team proceed with confidence. As part of sustaining the acquisition process, we will help ensure that the buyer’s product is built to specifications of the contract.
Indicators of successful systems acquisition management are:
- The needs of operational users have been satisfied.
- Measurable improvements have been provided in functional capabilities.
- Products have been acquired in a timely manner at a fair and reasonable cost.